What type of silver is used in Laurensons jewellery?
The silver used to manufacture our jewelry is 925 silver, better known as sterling silver.
What is the difference between sterling silver and plated silver?
Sterling silver is a type of silver that contains at least 92.5% pure silver, using other metals such as copper or zinc depending on the finish that you want to give it. Instead, plated silver jewelry is made up of a metal base covered with a layer of silver.
Can silver jewelry cause allergies or skin irritation?
Some people may develop an allergic reaction or skin irritation when wearing silver jewelry, due to factors such as perspiration and exposure to moisture. However, most people do not experience these problems when wearing sterling silver jewelry, as it contains a very small percentage of metals other than pure silver.
How can I clean and maintain my silver jewelry?
To clean silver jewelry, we recommend using a soft cloth or a specific silver cleaning product. Also, it is important to store your jewelry in a dry and moisture-free place to prevent it from tarnishing.
What is the difference between 18 karat gold and 9 karat gold?
18-karat gold and 9-karat gold differ in composition in terms of the amount of pure gold and other metals. 18-carat gold (or 750) is made up of 75% pure gold and the remaining 25% of other metals such as copper, silver or palladium, which are added to give the gold greater hardness and resistance. 9 karat (or 375) gold contains only 37.5% pure gold and 62.5% other metals. As a result, 18-karat gold is generally considered more valuable and of higher quality than 9-karat gold, as it contains more pure gold and has a deeper, more brilliant color. However, 9 karat gold is more resistant to scratches and corrosion than 18 karat gold, and it is also more affordable and accessible to the jewelry market. Choosing between 18 karat gold and 9 karat gold depends on personal preference, budget, and the intended use of the jewelry.
How can I clean and maintain gold-plated silver jewelry?
To clean your yellow gold-plated silver jewelry, use a soft, dry cloth to remove any accumulated dirt or dust. Avoid the use of harsh chemicals or abrasives, which could damage the gold coating. If necessary, you can soak the jewelery in warm water and mild soap for a few minutes, then rinse it well and dry it with a soft, dry cloth. Also, avoid exposing your yellow gold-plated silver jewelry to chemicals such as perfumes, hairspray, and detergents, which can cause irreparable damage to the gold plating. Store your jewelry in a soft, dry box or bag when not wearing it, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
What does "limited edition" mean to Laurensons?
When the label "limited edition" appears on a product image, it is to describe an item that has been created in a unique and unrepeatable way, often handmade or personalized in some way. When Laurensons uses the term "limited edition" to describe its jewelry, it means jewelry that has been created with care and attention to detail, and has been manufactured in such a way that exact copies or duplicates do not exist.
hose jewels are unique and have their own story to tell. They are made with noble materials and handmade by expert craftsmen, which makes them even more special. When you buy a Laurensons jewel with this hallmark, you are buying a unique piece that will be exclusive and different from all the others.
In short, "limited edition" for Laurensons Jewels means that each jewel has been created with care and passion, and that no other jewel is exactly the same.
How long does it take to deliver Laurensons jewelry?
The delivery time of the jewels depends on the place of shipment and the availability of the product. Delivery usually takes 3-7 business days. For more details: Shipping options